Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Air Compressor not turning on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 08:40 AM
Default Air Compressor not turning on?

First off thank you everyone for answering my constant post.

Couldn't find much on air compressor here.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot the air compressor that came with the Hummer H2 for 2003?

I honestly don't know much about the air compressor system. Is it hooked up to the air suspension system? Is it the same thing? Not sure what to tinker with.

Last edited by robthomas16; 08-16-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:05 AM

Yes. Same compressor. Not enough info to know what you are experiencing though, what exactly is wrong?

First thing is did you read the owners manual on its operation under Electronically Controlled Air Suspension and the Accessory Air Inflator to note things like it will not run if any side doors are open, engine must be running, etc?

Old 08-16-2019, 02:35 PM

Agree with MixManSC comments and need more information.

Presumeably by "air compressor" you are referring to the "Accessory Inflator" located in the rear compartment?

For this to operate the engine must be Running and the Gearshift must be in PARK (according to the Owners Manual)

Yes, it is hooked-up to the air suspension unit and forms part of the same system. When running the air-suspension's load-levelling will not function.

If your air-suspension is working correctly but the inflator isn't then there really is not much that can go wrong, its just a switch and lamp (3-wires) and an air-pipe
(famous last words)

Old 08-19-2019, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Agree with MixManSC comments and need more information.

Presumeably by "air compressor" you are referring to the "Accessory Inflator" located in the rear compartment?

For this to operate the engine must be Running and the Gearshift must be in PARK (according to the Owners Manual)

Yes, it is hooked-up to the air suspension unit and forms part of the same system. When running the air-suspension's load-levelling will not function.

If your air-suspension is working correctly but the inflator isn't then there really is not much that can go wrong, its just a switch and lamp (3-wires) and an air-pipe
(famous last words)

My hummer I just bought has been converted to coils from air suspension. So the correlation is that it was hooked up to the air suspension system most likely.

Old 08-19-2019, 03:35 PM

It was hooked up to both.... no idea if when converted to coil springs if the compressor (if they even left it back there on its shelf) can still be used as an inflator or not. I know most when they convert them they pull the entire compressor shelf down and ditch it and use various methods to get rid of the service air suspension message that comes up once it is removed.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:43 AM

As far as messages go, reconnecting the battery after disconnecting the AS module should get rid of them, it did on my 2005.

Pretty sure the tire inflator can't function without the AS Module, though it might be possible to wire in a manual switch and relay to do this, some enthusiast must have done it....