Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Aftermarket tail light issue help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 07:39 AM
Default Aftermarket tail light issue help!

I purchased a new set of LED smoked tail lamps. They look great. The lights work but the issue the turn signals do not work. They came with resistors and the instructions for the 2004 say to use the resistors. I tried both ways. No luck. I can leave the main leds unplugged and the turn signals work. Anyone want to help?

Old 04-09-2019, 08:03 AM

Can you elaborate? Are they hyperflashing or just not coming on at all?

Old 04-09-2019, 08:51 AM

Also, what type of tail lights are they and do you have the lower bumper lights or not?

Old 04-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Default Light issue

Originally Posted by Astro5169
I purchased a new set of LED smoked tail lamps. They look great. The lights work but the issue the turn signals do not work. They came with resistors and the instructions for the 2004 say to use the resistors. I tried both ways. No luck. I can leave the main leds unplugged and the turn signals work. Anyone want to help?
the lights work to brake, running lights when lights are on. The signals work when you are pushing the brakes.

they are eagle eyes

Old 04-11-2019, 09:54 AM

Found this in another thread regarding the same tail lights you have and the same issue of only working while braking:

"I encountered the same problem with the aftermarket Smoked LED tail lights from eBay. I did some research and found that it is a pretty common problem due to bad resistors. You can fix the problem by buying a new set of resistors and re-wiring them onto the lights or contacting the seller to get an exchange. I simply got an exchange for another set of tail lights and everything worked as it was supposed to (on, brake, and SIGNAL)."

Old 04-11-2019, 10:57 AM

You can try replacing the resistors, they are cheap and seem to have moderate success out of the box. I have the same lights, non-smoked. Everything works fine for me except when the brake is pressed and the turn signal is on, that side with the turn signal will blink and the lower bumper light blinks opposite of the tail light. I have never been able to figure out a fix.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:10 PM
Default Still bad

Originally Posted by LoJac963
You can try replacing the resistors, they are cheap and seem to have moderate success out of the box. I have the same lights, non-smoked. Everything works fine for me except when the brake is pressed and the turn signal is on, that side with the turn signal will blink and the lower bumper light blinks opposite of the tail light. I have never been able to figure out a fix.
i ordered a replacement set and they are doing the same thing.

my cruise doesn’t work anymore.

the lights work but I have to hit the breaks for the signals to flash. No hyper

i rven went went to a custom place that is use to installing and no luck.

so do I need to try the other resistors? How do I wire them?

Old 04-17-2019, 08:58 PM

Take some test leads and hook them up to the battery, touch the pins on the connector to see if you can manually make the lights work. Start there to make sure the lights themselves are not bad.

Old 02-08-2021, 03:01 PM
Default same here

I have the same issue with the same lights. I got a second set that was the same. I added resisters to the brake harness (red) and ground (black and green). They sorta work now. Still hyper flash when brake is pressed but only when the headlights are on. Headlights off, they don't hyper flash but the right turn signal flashes the left rear maker signal. Left turn signal flashes to right rear marker signal. I will try an LED compliant flasher module replacement. The lights look so damn good I want to fix it. My guess is the resister that come with the lights are no good.