Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Aftermarket lights to replace the round DRL lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 09:40 PM

That does look slick mounted in the cross bar. Looks like factory. I mounted mine on the top of cross bar. No wind noise that I’ve noticed.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:59 PM
Default light bar inside roof rack

I have light bars similar to yours, but now I really want this mod with the light bar inside the roof rack....that really looks slick and factory like you said. I just don't want to raise the height as I won't be able to get into the garage...my garage is much lower than yours in the picture. I know at some point I want to had a sun visor on the front windshield and I actually found a visor with light bars in them, but I like this look better. That looks really custom. I'm going to find out tomorrow how they did that.

Last edited by h2kong; 08-20-2020 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:01 AM

I might have to try that too! Get a single row straight light bar that the overall dimensions will allow it to fit. Then its really just a matter of sacrificing a bar by cutting the front face open and then coming up with a way to secure the bar in it.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:57 AM

If you have access to a milling machine, that would be the best way to pocket the hole out. Is there an aftermarket or thule bar that would work instead of cutting an oem one?

Last edited by fastNYsix; 08-21-2020 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:45 AM

Good idea. I've seen people with like three and four of those hummer roof racks like FastNYSix. I've even seem some after market ones that look OEM. I love OEM looking mods. I'm scrapping the 52 inch light bar mount and looking to do this now. I wonder if that roof rack is still functional after that mod. I a am actually on hold right now with Custom Offsets, the company in Wisconsin who did this.

Last edited by h2kong; 08-21-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 12:23 PM

Yes there are aftermarket replacement bars on eBay. I have a set and they are virtually identical except for one point. The end caps do not have locks and as such there is really no way to even secure the end cap from potentially falling out other than to glue it in place or add a small screw or something. A milling machine would be ideal but carefully done you could cut one side open in other ways. We use a chop saw to cut down aluminum at my shop quite a bit - a good quality Diablo carbide tipped blade cuts right through it clean as can be so I'm thinking putting that blade on the table saw and easing it into it might be workable (just have to stop short and finish the cuts with something else due to the blade curvature).

Last edited by MixManSC; 08-21-2020 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:26 PM

you can cut aluminium with a regular table saw. the only problem would be air and water getting bagged up in there so you would probably need to put a fair amount of holes on the bottom for air passage and water drainage.

Old 08-22-2020, 09:09 AM

Good point for sure. Might be good to figure a way to seal around it once installed. My only other concern would be how hot the bar gets inside there with little airflow around the cooling fins. Might even be a good idea to cut some slots (nicely angled and consistently spaced) along each end and on the back to allow more airflow in and around the bar.

Old 08-22-2020, 09:27 AM

Well I contacted them yesterday, but they said it was an independent project done by someone at the garage. They will only give you an email for the garage. I emailed them and I'm waiting back for their reply...meanwhile as anyone seen that hummer build from Bitchin Rides? They also brought it to SEMA a few year back. I love the front with the monster leds, the bulked up fender flares and body kit along with the automatic hide stepboards. I hate the back although I would like to experiment with getting some custom full length lights the look more hummerish and less Escaladeish. Nevertheless here, it is.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=323383231773312

Last edited by h2kong; 08-22-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:09 AM
Default Tail lights

Originally Posted by h2kong
Well I contacted them yesterday, but they said it was an independent project done by someone at the garage. They will only give you an email for the garage. I emailed them and I'm waiting back for their reply...meanwhile as anyone seen that hummer build from Bitchin Rides? They also brought it to SEMA a few year back. I love the front with the monster leds, the bulked up fender flares and body kit along with the automatic hide stepboards. I hate the back although I would like to experiment with getting some custom full length lights the look more hummerish and less Escaladeish. Nevertheless here, it is.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=323383231773312
I don't know why but I want those taillights!!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket lights to replace the round DRL lights