Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Aftermarket lights to replace the round DRL lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 11:03 AM

Glad to hear you got it working! So apparently there is some version of the switch on Amazon that is internally wired different. Odd but at least you got it working.

Those Jeep lights do look nice. Bet they are big money too.

Old 08-10-2020, 01:12 PM

they are big money. over 700 for the set with harness. they also have a big rear housing. i also had contemplated the swap but the price is expensive for something that needs to be retrofitted and may not work out as expected.

Old 08-10-2020, 01:32 PM

Yeah, I'm not convinced that AC Delco switch advertised on Amazon is truly OEM. I ran right to the junkyard and pulled one out an 03 tahoe and voila!.

You would definitely need to wire those MOPAR Jeep lights outside of the fuse box...i really love those lights and have been just dying to try to put them on my h2. There is jeep outfitters aftermarket place here with a guy who is a beast at mods. He swears he can wire them into the GM fusebox and make them look and work like factory, even with the DRLs.

On another note and I'm not sure if this is related or not, but all of a sudden my doors are not locking and unlocking correctly, both by the cabin switch on the doors and by the keyfob alarm remote. They sporadically lock and don't lock and in different door combinations of locking and unlocking. Sometimes the locks open half way and you can see them bump a little when I either hit the remote or the in door switch. I know the door lock fuses and relays are right there where I electrical taped and padded up the amazon module. Strange coincidence this starts all of sudden right when I finally get the foglights working. I disconnected the battery as some suggest and tested the fuse, which seems ok. I can feel the relays clicking when I touch them. The only thing else I can think of are the actuators? Just real odd all of a sudden this starts. Any ideas?

Last edited by h2kong; 08-10-2020 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:55 PM

did you disturb a factory ground point in the process? maybe need to recheck it?

Old 08-10-2020, 08:32 PM

I'm not sure...i rechecked the wiring. I don't see anything. It went away and behaved correctly today and then by evening it came back. What factory ground could I disturb? The ground line on both the switch and the module are enclosed. Everything else is fuse and relays. Strange coincidence. You're probably correct. I just don't know where else to look.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:14 PM

i do not recall if there is one by the E-brake behind the kick panel

Last edited by bronxteck; 08-11-2020 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:35 PM

ok, I'll look in the morning...let me know if you think of anything else..

Old 08-11-2020, 09:24 AM

Major ground point is underneath on the frame rail by the drivers door... If that one gets corroded and not making good contract it will cause all sorts of problems.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:26 PM

I couldn't find that ground beneath the frame rail...do you think its different on 06?

Also, does anyone see a problem mounting a 52 inch light bar on the inside of the truck at the top of the windshield near the headliner?
I saw an H1 with this, but wondered about glare and heat.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:30 PM

look at the chassis where the second body mount goes on the drivers side straight down from where the door hinges should be a ground point there.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket lights to replace the round DRL lights