Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2008 h2 service 4wd and traction control

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2023, 02:59 PM

Another update from Predator... The H2 has a couple fluid leaks that probably triggered the transfer case code. So my issue appears to be an actual driveline issue.

- Fluid leak at the transmission cooler so I am slowly losing transmission fluid
- Fluid leak at the front differential
- Fluid leak at the transfer case

Old 10-10-2023, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Brunob00
Another update from Predator... The H2 has a couple fluid leaks that probably triggered the transfer case code. So my issue appears to be an actual driveline issue.

- Fluid leak at the transmission cooler so I am slowly losing transmission fluid
- Fluid leak at the front differential
- Fluid leak at the transfer case
Had all but two... Leak at the cooler... and the transfer case. The Transfer case has always been bone dry. Just had the fluid changed a month or so back. Had a leak at the front Diff seal... That was years ago under warranty.

Glad your making progress ...Keep the 2 on the road. Just throw money at it like I do.

Old 12-27-2023, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Miketheike08H2
My 08h2 has been randomly showing a service 4wd and traction control and won’t go into any other 4wd modes usually all I need to do is shut the truck off for a while and then start it again and the service light is gone but it keeps happening more and more and when the service 4wd is on the truck dose drive fine anyone else have this problem or any advice please
I had the same issue and done what I seen on u tube worked the buttons on the dash in sequence. at first I had no response then the small amber light started to stay on ( instead of flashing ) the eventually I was hearing the noise of the actuator moving . Now the service warning message has gone and everything is fine My intention is to function test these buttons on a regular basis to prevent this happening again . Mine is a 2006 SUV with 40k miles I have had it just over 10 years and have never had it off-road and had never touched these buttons before this message appeared

Old 02-25-2024, 08:17 PM
Default Update

I hadn’t seen the service lights in a couple months but now there on again and staying tried disconnecting the battery and erasing the code and it comes right back the code I’m getting is c0561-71

Old 06-09-2024, 03:50 PM

I took the H2 out on its first 4x4 trail since the 4WD and traction control service issues were repaired. Here were my issues...

- Fluid leak at the transmission cooler so I was slowly losing transmission fluid - this required a reinstall and reseal
- Fluid leak at the front differential - this required a front differential service and reseal
- Fluid leak at the transfer case - this required a rear output shaft seal replacement

I drove and trailed this all day from 9am-8pm without a single code or operational issue - SO if cleaning the switch does not work... here are a couple issues to look for.

The H2 on the trail in California @ ‎⁨San Bernardino National Forest⁩