Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2008 h2 service 4wd and traction control

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan
rubbing alcohol works too. They’re 95% the same thing. One’s just a rip off.
Rubbing Alcohol eats the clear coting off of the circuit board. Di Oxid D5 leaves a coating for Conductivity where Alcohol will leave the conductive trace open to corrosion. Alcohol bad Di-Oxid good..

Cleans, protects, lubricates, and improves conductivity
Reduces intermittent connections, arcing, and RFI as well as wear and abrasion
Safe for use on all metal connectors and contacts and will not harm plastics

Old 10-02-2023, 08:21 PM

1,1,1 triclorethane was the best. but it has been banned for good reasons. it also destroyed certain plastics and finishes. this new breed of electronics cant handle the stuff

Old 10-02-2023, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
1,1,1 triclorethane was the best. but it has been banned for good reasons. it also destroyed certain plastics and finishes. this new breed of electronics cant handle the stuff
Yeah That was some Nasty Stuff. It was also used in some electronic cleaners until it got banned,... Good call

What products have trichloroethylene in it?
Trichloroethylene is used in many consumer products. Examples include typewriter correction fluids, paint removers, paint strippers, adhesives, spot removers, cleaning fluids for rugs, and metal cleaners.

Old 10-02-2023, 09:42 PM

CRC QD Electronic Cleaner is the BEST! I have found many battery operated devices inoperative on my workbench, sent to me via the wifey, children, grandchildren. Multi-meter & CRC, is all I need! I've saved many battery operated toys(corroded contacts from leaking batteries/moisture intrusion). Funny, my wife was throwing away 4 solar lights a few days ago. I asked why? "They are old and don't light at night". She handed them to me, and I told her to hold my beer. Just took a picture after 3+hrs darkness:

Old 10-03-2023, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
CRC QD Electronic Cleaner is the BEST! I have found many battery operated devices inoperative on my workbench, sent to me via the wifey, children, grandchildren. Multi-meter & CRC, is all I need! I've saved many battery operated toys(corroded contacts from leaking batteries/moisture intrusion). Funny, my wife was throwing away 4 solar lights a few days ago. I asked why? "They are old and don't light at night". She handed them to me, and I told her to hold my beer. Just took a picture after 3+hrs darkness:

https://youtu.be/0EybmBavV4M?si=7itakw28JBj8KfQ7

Yep...every one want's in the game.... They all follow the guys that came up with it first like Caig Labs.....But it is just a cleaner... Does not do what Caig DeOxit does as far as improving electronic conductivity and coating contacts for improved and lasting current flow. Yamaha Experimented with many so called contact cleaners. They all clean contacts.....Even WD-40..(Fish Oil)... but none were found to have the lasting and improved conductivity as Di-oxid.

They spent some bucks evaluating these cleaners and found that with Low voltage Signal paths in there audio Large Format Mixers that a plain contact cleaner worked initially, the long term effects did not last. The contact material would simply revert to it's intermittent state just like my second wife.

Caig also makes a line of moving fader lube now called DeoxIT FaderLube used by the pro audio industry. It is the Gold standard for Electronic equipment.
CaiLube MCL

Click on the left and select ......deoxit-gold-g-series/

Last edited by Mark R; 10-03-2023 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:35 AM

i do not think anything has triclorethane in it any more unless it is some lab grade stuff. we used to use it when servicing rotary tuners and controls on vacuum tube radios and tv's

Old 10-03-2023, 01:12 PM

i do not think anything has trichloroethane in it any more unless it is some lab grade stuff. we used to use it when servicing rotary tuners and controls on vacuum tube radios and tv's
How about that.... A guy from my error...LMAO. Yeah...Good Old Vacuum Tubes and Finned rotary tuners. When I went to electronic school back in the day, we started with Tubes and Power supplies which were the old Iron Core monsters. Later we moved into Transistors and so on. Of course I continued my electronic education all thru the years thru different schools. I only remember using a cleaner called "Blue Shower" which I think had trichloroethane in it. Latter it was pulled from the Market due to Health reasons.

Can't tell you how many VT radios I worked on along with Cathode Ray TV's and VCR's. Thanks for taking me back.....L.O.L.

Old 10-04-2023, 10:14 AM

We need an update on this. Have you tried cleaning? I wanna know if it works. The switches are relatively simple. I believe there is lithium grease or something used inside too. Might be good to reapply before reassembling.

Old 10-04-2023, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan
We need an update on this. Have you tried cleaning? I wanna know if it works. The switches are relatively simple. I believe there is lithium grease or something used inside too. Might be good to reapply before reassembling.
Good Call Gavin,
There is some kind of grease used in there. I can see it on mine. Just as interested to see if that solves your problem. It did for me.

Old 10-08-2023, 03:58 PM

Here is the update from Predator on my issue.... Transfer case has a code triggered from the actuator/solenoid. They cleared that code and all the issues are resolved - Service 4WD, Stabilitrak is back, and mode selection dial now works. They are testing...

Quick Reply: 2008 h2 service 4wd and traction control