Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2008 H2 Nav/Radio OEM replacement question

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 07:34 AM
Default 2008 H2 Nav/Radio OEM replacement question

I have a 2008 H2 SUV with Bose Nav/Radio. The amp has 2 channels not working. I was considering getting a used -similar unit from Ebay and replacing it. I have read that the dealer needs to reprogram it?
There was a mention of checking the VIN and making sure it "matches" the code on the radio???
If anyone has done it, I would appreciate some feedback!
Thanks

Old 10-06-2020, 09:22 AM

Not 100% sure but I think it can be reprogrammed with a Tech2

A lot of owners, myself included, fit more modern systems to take advantage of the latest technology things like:-

Android Auto / Google Maps / Voice Controlled Navigation etc
MP3, MP4 players
SD Card
Apple Play
Sat Radio
Voice / Phone Book Dialling
Hands free

Just to mention a few..

Old 10-06-2020, 11:58 AM

yes there are 2 versions of the radio one for lux amp one for non lux amp.
they both look the same so you have to look at your rpo codes in the glovebox or match the radio.
you will need to have the theft lock removed so something to look at when purchasing a replacement some are sold unlocked already.
you will need a tech2 scanner to unlock it otherwise as oceanbrave mentioned.
as for 2 speakers not working. it can actually be the speakers not working and not necessarily the radio.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
yes there are 2 versions of the radio one for lux amp one for non lux amp.
they both look the same so you have to look at your rpo codes in the glovebox or match the radio.
you will need to have the theft lock removed so something to look at when purchasing a replacement some are sold unlocked already.
you will need a tech2 scanner to unlock it otherwise as oceanbrave mentioned.
as for 2 speakers not working. it can actually be the speakers not working and not necessarily the radio.
Actually I thought of that. Only the front driver side speaker is working,,, Is it possible that the amp is shot?
This happened when the battery died while in storage and the mechanic jumpstarted it and replaced the battery, I am sure
some voltage spike messed up the speakers/and or/ the channels,,,

Old 10-07-2020, 10:16 AM

there was a thread on the forum about a factory radio amp upgrade/swap that mentioned that if you only get audio out of 1 speaker that then the amp needed to get reprogrammed. so maybe somehow your amp softyware got reset?

Old 10-08-2020, 08:28 AM

I think bronx is right on that. I believe that is a symptom of an amp that needs to be reprogrammed. I spotted this in the GM service system... While it only states that it is a symptom when the amp is replaced it does sound like it might still be the solution but I'm not sure since yours is playing from two speakers. Might be worth having a GM dealer or someone with a Tech2 to try though.

#PIT4163C: Audio From Left Front Speaker Only - keywords inoperative no sound volume - (Sep 17, 2008)
Subject: Audio From Left Front Speaker OnlyModels: 2007-2009 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ, Silverado LTZ, Suburban LTZ, Tahoe LTZ
2007-2009 GMC Sierra Denali, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL
2009 GMC Sierra SLT, Yukon SLT, Yukon XL SLT
2008-2009 Hummer H2

Condition/Concern: After replacing the amplifier you may notice that there is only sound playing from the left front speaker. This may be the result of the amplifier not being SPS programmed.[h3]Recommendation/Instructions: When an amplifier is replaced it must be SPS programmed using Tis2Web and the Tech 2.