Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2005 Model Year

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 10:33 PM
Default 2005 Model Year

I just got another 2005 model, my favorite year. The only year the truck had genuine leather on the door panels and center console.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:33 AM

I have never heard that before, Seems strange that GM would do it one year only.

Congrats on the new rig. What color?

Old 08-08-2020, 12:35 PM

I have a 05 too

Old 08-08-2020, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
I have never heard that before, Seems strange that GM would do it one year only.

Congrats on the new rig. What color?
2005 production year saw quite a few changes as you know; introduction of the SUT, factory swing away spare (mid-production change) tail-lights in the rear bumper (mid-production change, ebony interior, ebony dash, & new cluster design, perforated passenger grab handle, steering wheel center redesign, and probably other improvements that I'm probably forgetting.

My assumption was that when they introduced the ebony interior they pursued genuine leather in the door panels and center console lid. Clearly it didn't last in to the 2006+ model years. Most likely due to cost.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:42 PM

Yes. my 2005 Lux has all that. I didnt know why it was different than other years until this thread. Thanks alot.

Old 08-09-2020, 07:11 PM

Here is a shot of my rear, just put tail lights on today...Took about 6 hours to figure out wiring but everything works now.
-

Old 09-03-2020, 10:44 AM

Love my 2005 H2 (white)! In the process of restoring things, regular maintenance. I'm in Michigan, so unfortunately, getting rid of rusted parts as well as some cosmetic issues (brush guard being sand blasted and re-powder coated).

Old 09-03-2020, 03:01 PM
Default 2005

Originally Posted by edwin434
Here is a shot of my rear, just put tail lights on today...Took about 6 hours to figure out wiring but everything works now.
-
My 2005 is the same color as yours, what size wheel and tires are you running??

Old 09-07-2020, 11:31 AM

Where exactly is the leather? I looked at a few photos and it looks like the arm rest pad on the door panel is the only additional leather or is the entire panel covered or something or is the top middle part also leather on an 05? I know the 05 has the perforated leather instead of solid leather on the grab handles. On the console is it just the lid that has leather? Is the console like still have the recessed part on top? I do sort of like that - keeps things from sliding off of it. I remember seeing some where the console lid is totally flat on top.

Curious because if I one day decide to recover some of mine I might look at changing some of those other bits from vinyl to leather.

Old 09-07-2020, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Where exactly is the leather? I looked at a few photos and it looks like the arm rest pad on the door panel is the only additional leather or is the entire panel covered or something or is the top middle part also leather on an 05? I know the 05 has the perforated leather instead of solid leather on the grab handles. On the console is it just the lid that has leather? Is the console like still have the recessed part on top? I do sort of like that - keeps things from sliding off of it. I remember seeing some where the console lid is totally flat on top.

Curious because if I one day decide to recover some of mine I might look at changing some of those other bits from vinyl to leather.
The leather is only found on the Lux with ebony interior. The '05 has genuine leather on three locations of the door panel, upper bolster, arm pad, and handle. Leather is also found on the console lid, and passenger grab handle. I also believe the shift handle is leather as well though not 100% certain. I'd have to cut in to one to see and I don't have such a donor.

Quick Reply: 2005 Model Year