Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2005 H2 upper control arm

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 01:25 PM
Default 2005 H2 upper control arm

Fun Saturday. Was going to replace the bushings on the control arms but after removing one side I realized I need new control arm. Two things, one was the stuck bolts, that was tough to remove. After watching a video I was able to remove it by plowing a screwdriver into the slot that runs across the length of the bushing. Had to do that on both sides. Second was the bushing itself, one of them was completely in pieces. That’s why all the noise when driving.
Hopefully tomorrow new ones will arrive.
next up is the steering box. Have the rebuild kit due to leaks. Not trying to spend $$$ on new one. They are pricey.
Cheers.

This bushing was a mess

Old 04-23-2023, 09:27 PM

Don't think you want to spend the money but Kryptonite upper control arms are an option. You'll never replace them again. I've been drooling over getting some for a while now, but I can't justify that price... yet

Old 04-25-2023, 03:51 PM

@Gevin I wish. If this truck had less miles I would spend a ton on upgrades. 442k now but once in a while new problem comes up. I’m too deep into this now so I jut fix it to keep this baby going. One more side then I’ll attempt to rebuild the power steering box. Then wheel alignment appt.
cheers

All done on one side. Tomorrow other side.

Old 04-25-2023, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel Z
@Gevin I wish. If this truck had less miles I would spend a ton on upgrades. 442k now but once in a while new problem comes up. I’m too deep into this now so I jut fix it to keep this baby going. One more side then I’ll attempt to rebuild the power steering box. Then wheel alignment appt.
cheers

All done on one side. Tomorrow other side.
Properly secure the ABS wire around the rubber boot. What are the other wires that are not loomed above? Wiring insulation contact/moving/rubbing on metal don't last long!

Old 04-26-2023, 06:16 AM

Break lines are secured back to its original position. Those wires will be removed. That was a quick and cheap and not so well thought out install for the rear camera I believe. I do need to install the wires properly in a split loom especially so close to the engine and external elements.

Old 04-27-2023, 09:11 AM
Default Steering box

Originally Posted by Daniel Z
Fun Saturday. Was going to replace the bushings on the control arms but after removing one side I realized I need new control arm. Two things, one was the stuck bolts, that was tough to remove. After watching a video I was able to remove it by plowing a screwdriver into the slot that runs across the length of the bushing. Had to do that on both sides. Second was the bushing itself, one of them was completely in pieces. That’s why all the noise when driving.
Hopefully tomorrow new ones will arrive.
next up is the steering box. Have the rebuild kit due to leaks. Not trying to spend $$$ on new one. They are pricey.
Cheers.

This bushing was a mess

my steering box was leaking, took it to my repair shop, they tried to fix it, leaked again so I bought a lifetime warranty one from AutoZone $550.00, works great and no more leaks on driveway’s, steers my 37” Geolanders M/T with no issues

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 AM

Im hoping for best but I may need to cough up for a new steering box as well. Me being an Aries and stubborn, I’ll go through the rebuild and if all fails I’ll get a new box. Last time I checked these boxes were going for over $700. Thanks for the info.