Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2003 Sunroof Again

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 03:34 PM
Post 2003 Sunroof Again

I have an ‘03 H2 with the usual leaky sunroof. I’ve determined the front drain tubes are clogged. I’ve tried an air compressor, and all other options, but I think it’s clogged at the exit. I’ve read every post, and scoured the Internet, but I cannot find an image of where the tube exits. I heard it’s near the toe kick, or behind the tach, but no luck. Traced it from the headliner down the a-pillar, but once it enters the pillar I can’t tace it anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can find this sucker? I’m feeling silly for struggling so much!

Old 12-23-2018, 03:44 PM

If I remember right they both exit into the cowl area under the cover. Have to remove the two corner pieces and wipers to remove the main cover (which is a pain and feels like you are going to break it).

Old 12-23-2018, 03:57 PM

Thanks MixManSC! I actually had checked under the cowl but no luck there either. Maybe I’m just missing something!

Old 12-24-2018, 09:26 AM

Have you tried running a weed eater line down the tube? If you used too much air pressure, you could have blown the hoses off the fittings.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the feedback ! I'll give the weed eater line a try. I used a wire that I don't think was flexible enough to get around the bends. It went about 2 feet down, but then got stuck. I kept the air pressure fairly low (25psi), and it seems the connections didn't move.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:24 AM

No luck. Weed eater line got about 18” in and wouldn’t budge. Seems like the clog might be inside the a-pillar. If I can find the exit then I’ll just replace the line. I just can’t find the point where the tube meets the firewall.

This is killing me! I’m in Florida and it’s raining daily.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:07 AM

Do some more searching on here. Search is at the top right..

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...r-32846/page2/

That one shows the passenger side front drain tube. I thought it was under the cowl. At least it also is on my 2003. Exits right above the fresh air intake. I'm pretty sure the driver side one also exits under the cowl as well. On reading a bit more it runs down the a pillar and pretty much exits into the cowl area almost directly behind the instrument cluster. The rear ones gown down the middle columns and through the floor.

That being said - it might not even be your sunroof drains. That same air intake - there is a cover high above it that can leak and let water drip into the fresh air intake where the fan is. The body seals around where the doors hit can actually allow water to run down to the inside. There are also two rear sunroof drains as well. The metal body seams under the roof rack rails can be defective. Quite good odds the windshield has been replaced (common since ours are so vertical and flat to get damaged) and that could be leaking. Of course any one of the upper clearance lights might be leaking, not just from under the light into the hole but the actual lens could have a tiny crack which I've seen.