Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2003 H2 remote won't lock rear doors or hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Default 2003 H2 remote won't lock rear doors or hatch?

It DOES lock front doors but not rear or the rear hatch. if I lock the rear doors manually the remote WILL unlock them?????? :?:

Old 12-22-2009, 03:03 PM

Do they work fine using the door switch? If not you probably need new lock solenoids.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Do they work fine using the door switch? If not you probably need new lock solenoids.
Well I have a hard time beliving that THREE lock solenoids would fail simultaineously

Old 12-22-2009, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by DZLROKET
Well I have a hard time beliving that THREE lock solenoids would fail simultaineously
I would agree, but then I found this tidbit:

http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/che...66N13JFPCKHII4

"I have a 99 with the same issue. The mechanic says it is one of the actuators if it hangs up, it will create a draw on that circuit causing one or more of the other doors not to operate properly. You have to figure out which actuator or actuators are the problem and replace. Just another flaw that GM seems to have."

Old 01-05-2010, 07:47 PM

HA!!! Found the cure! The relays on the fuse block located at the end of the dash near the drivers side door had corriosion on the part that plugs into the fuse block! I just cleaned them off and all the doors work as designed!

Old 01-06-2010, 10:35 AM

Congrats!

Old 01-06-2010, 07:24 PM

Free repairs are always the best. Good job.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:09 PM

I wonder how it happened?

Old 08-20-2011, 10:42 PM

Good info, Guys... I was having the same problem as described with the door-locks. I also noticed that if I set the factory alarm by clicking remote twice... and if did not use the hummer for a few days... that when I went to use it the battery was dead and the ignition would capture my key and would not release it till I charged or jumped the battery. I racked my brain for several months trying to figure what the hell was going on. I wound up just always leaving the hummer unlocked & hoping no one broke in. I spoke to a few GM mechanics and was told several different fixes that included reprogramming the door lock module to replacing the module and actuators.
But after reading your post on what you said about the relays, I went out and to check out my relays. I found that I actually had to use a pair of channel locks to pull out the 2 relays. I cleaned them up and used some dielectric grease, reinstalled them and now they are working. I plan to install 2 new relays soon.
Thanks Again for the good info

Old 01-24-2023, 03:18 PM
Default Relay picture

Originally Posted by Chromevrod
Good info, Guys... I was having the same problem as described with the door-locks. I also noticed that if I set the factory alarm by clicking remote twice... and if did not use the hummer for a few days... that when I went to use it the battery was dead and the ignition would capture my key and would not release it till I charged or jumped the battery. I racked my brain for several months trying to figure what the hell was going on. I wound up just always leaving the hummer unlocked & hoping no one broke in. I spoke to a few GM mechanics and was told several different fixes that included reprogramming the door lock module to replacing the module and actuators.
But after reading your post on what you said about the relays, I went out and to check out my relays. I found that I actually had to use a pair of channel locks to pull out the 2 relays. I cleaned them up and used some dielectric grease, reinstalled them and now they are working. I plan to install 2 new relays soon.
Thanks Again for the good info
can you send a picture of the relays having same exact problems Thanks

Quick Reply: 2003 H2 remote won't lock rear doors or hatch?