Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2003 h2 help! Stranded!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 12:24 PM
Exclamation 2003 h2 help!!! Stranded!!!

Hello H2 owners. I’m not sure if any of you have had this problem but in the last six months or so if I use my key fob and hit the “lock” button or if I hit the “lock” button from inside of the car, I am dead in the water. My son says that he believes it may have something to do with the alarm system and that it is giving the car some kind of Killswitch where it takes a good 12 to 16 hours before my car will start again. I’m wondering if anyone has experienced this and if they have any knowledge of how to bypass it I was here at my daughters school today to pick her up for her the best appointment ever to have her braces off and she hit the lock button inside the car. Needless to say the car is still sitting here I’m in it searching H2 forums and she had to walk over to her orthodontist appointment and I missing everything. The car runs like a dream as long as you don’t hit the damn lock button!!!! Thank you for anyone who may be able to give me any advice of how I can do this, or undo this. The school will be locking the gates and then my car will be stuck in here until tomorrow morning when my other daughter has an appointment we have waited for four months to get with the toe doctor! STRANDED!!!

Old 03-01-2022, 12:36 PM
Exclamation 2003 h2 help! Stranded!!!!

Hello H2 owners. I’m not sure if any of you have had this problem but in the last six months or so if I use my key fob and hit the “lock” button or if I hit the “lock” button from inside of the car, I am dead in the water. My son says that he believes it may have something to do with the alarm system and that it is giving the car some kind of Killswitch where it takes a good 12 to 16 hours before my car will start again. I’m wondering if anyone has experienced this and if they have any knowledge of how to bypass it I was here at my daughters school today to pick her up for her the best appointment ever to have her braces off and she hit the lock button inside the car. Needless to say the car is still sitting here I’m in it searching H2 forums and she had to walk over to her orthodontist appointment and I missing everything. The car runs like a dream as long as you don’t hit the damn lock button!!!! Thank you for anyone who may be able to give me any advice of how I can do this, or undo this. The school will be locking the gates and then my car will be stuck in here until tomorrow morning when my other daughter has an appointment we have waited for four months to get with the toe doctor! STRANDED!!!
Thank you for any help you can provide!

Old 03-01-2022, 01:59 PM

try locking and unlocking the drivers door with your key.

Old 03-01-2022, 02:03 PM

lock and unlock the drivers door with your key.

Old 03-01-2022, 02:10 PM

I have. That only unlocks or locks the door. The key will not manually open on the driver’s side, only the passenger side.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:01 PM

I don't follow your last post,
If you lock and then unlock the drivers door with the key, the door will not open with the external handle?

Neal

Old 03-01-2022, 03:04 PM

No sir, I cannot open or lock the driver’s side with my key, only the passenger side.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:05 PM

The opening and closing of the door manually is not the issue the issue is that once the door is open from the passenger side and I hit the unlock button I can get into the car and the car starts fine if you accidentally hit the lock button the security system overrides and then I can’t start my car even though everything else is OK

Old 03-01-2022, 03:05 PM

When it is in the disable state, does it turn over with the starter but will not start or is the starter disabled also?

Neal

Old 03-01-2022, 03:06 PM

Once I’ve hit the unlock button on the passenger side then I can open the driver side door and get in, but if somebody accidentally hits the lock button or if I hit the lock button on my key fob that’s when the security system overrides

Quick Reply: 2003 h2 help! Stranded!!!!