Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

09 Steering Wheel swap for 07 H2

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 06:29 PM
Default 09 Steering Wheel swap for 07 H2

Hey I just bought a 2007 H2 and looking at adding a few things.
The 07 I found was the best deal I could find and newest in my area even in my state within good price range (only spent 15500 for it) a few things I wanted to add 1 was the air suspension for the rear to lift it up and a heated steering wheel from a 09 h2 or a gmc steering wheel that will allow me to get heating aswell keeping the buttons for the radio. My question is how much work and what kind of work will need to be done in order to get heating steering added to my 07. I don't mind doing alot of work if it's possible.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:20 PM

I've always wondered why a pansy-a$$ orders a car with a heated steering wheel?

Old 12-01-2020, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
I've always wondered why a pansy-*** orders a car with a heated steering wheel?
I just want to try to put as much stuff as possible mainly I have a bet to make this as luxury as possible with the toughness of a hummer. A anti-Tesla as I told the guy as much as I can add to match the options of a s or 3.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:43 PM

Hey, Z still out making friends. Did you find my reading material interesting. Calling someone pansies, such a tuff a man your are on a forum.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by T.M. Wrath
I just want to try to put as much stuff as possible mainly I have a bet to make this as luxury as possible with the toughness of a hummer. A anti-Tesla as I told the guy as much as I can add to match the options of a s or 3.
You comparing the H2 to the Tesla 3? The heated steering wheel reduces the range on the T-3.

Old 12-01-2020, 08:01 PM

You comparing the H2 to the Tesla 3? The heated steering wheel reduces the range on the T-3.
You obviously don't understand what I mean.
The model 3 or any Tesla is luxurious vehicle with its options. But it's also a eco friendly (ish) vehicle being electric the hunmer is like the complete opposite on the eco friendly spectrum. But my idea was to get as many 1 to 1 luxury options or standard options that a Tesla has but of course being a hunmer and sucky on gas. So again a Anti-Tesla.

Old 12-01-2020, 08:21 PM

You obviously don't understand what I mean.
The model 3 or any Tesla is luxurious vehicle with its options. But it's also a eco friendly (ish) vehicle being electric the hunmer is like the complete opposite on the eco friendly spectrum. But my idea was to get as many 1 to 1 luxury options or standard options that a Tesla has but of course being a hunmer and sucky on gas. So again a Anti-Tesla.
Just trying to grasp the fact that anyone would ever need a heated steering wheel? Remote start, wait for it....heats up the interior.

Old 12-01-2020, 08:24 PM

Just trying to grasp the fact that anyone would ever need a heated steering wheel? Remote start, wait for it....heats up the interior.
Well for me it being convenient in cold weather and being a techy I love alot of tech in my vehicles and just because why not. I just like to have nice things. I use to roll custom software on my phones just because not because I needed it just so I can have it and if the need came to I had what I needed without delay.

Old 12-01-2020, 08:33 PM

Well for me it being convenient in cold weather and being a techy I love alot of tech in my vehicles and just because why not. I just like to have nice things. I use to roll custom software on my phones just because not because I needed it just so I can have it and if the need came to I had what I needed without delay.
I started the day @5:30am removing 6"+ of snow from my driveway so my wife could go to work @6am, the best part, remote start her GMC, already programmed for all heaters to come on including the heated seat. She made it to work and back during a snow storm that accumulated over 12" here today alone, and never did she complain that the steering wheel was not heated! My advice is to find something else to upgrade the H2 other than a heated steering wheel.

Old 12-01-2020, 08:49 PM

I started the day @5:30am removing 6"+ of snow from my driveway so my wife could go to work @6am, the best part, remote start her GMC, already programmed for all heaters to come on including the heated seat. She made it to work and back during a snow storm that accumulated over 12" here today alone, and never did she complain that the steering wheel was not heated! My advice is to find something else to upgrade the H2 other than a heated steering wheel.
Oh I got a list like front suspension tie rods the basics for it but still I dokt mind being stupid and throwing in bells and whistles this is my toy after all no reason not to go crazy on what it can be nodded with. This was like 1 of my dream cars and being 28 and already having my dream or one of my dream cars like I said no reason not to be stupid with it lol.

Quick Reply: 09 Steering Wheel swap for 07 H2