Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

05 H2 coolant leak by cylinder 7 area

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 09:59 AM
Default Update

Finally getting to wrap this up. Work, travel and a few rainy days. But the heads are back on, new valley gasket after a fight with broken knock sensors. Learned a nice lesson, don’t over tighten the stuff lol. Hope to get this beast started today if not early tomorrow. Oh and need to cut the pitman arm as it’s stuck solid on to the steering box, just to keep me entertained for a little longer. Cheers

This set me back a few hrs. Was a nightmare to extract. I have underestimated my strength lol

Just about clean, the underside was completely black and covered with a layer of crap.

Old 02-20-2022, 02:48 PM

great job, everything looks good

Neal

Old 02-20-2022, 06:01 PM

I see Mahle and Prestone, Great Choice! Where's the Dexos 2 GM Approved Mobil 1 Extended Performance?

Old 02-23-2022, 09:18 AM
Default Back at it

Finally got to start our baby this morning. First turn started right away. Good feeling after all this work. Now cutting off the pitman arm just about done and off for a spin to the beach. As always great advise on this site.

Few more items to put back and tighten a few things.

This right here is a nightmare. No way in hell to pull this arm off. About to remove the front bar for more access and get this thing replaced. Ugh

Old 02-23-2022, 02:59 PM

looks good, and yes its a great feeling when after getting this deep into the engine to have it crank at first try.

thanks for sharing your repairs with the group

Neal

Old 02-25-2022, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by legerwn
looks good, and yes its a great feeling when after getting this deep into the engine to have it crank at first try.

thanks for sharing your repairs with the group

Neal
thanks Neal.

next job is the rear main seal, newer exhaust (might go with the Gibson headers) and few other things. I asked the mechanic to replace the rear seal when he installed newer transmission a while back but it fell on deaf ears. Can’t trust them lol

Old 02-25-2022, 07:40 PM

Stay focused on point and keep up the nice work! Same having a wife; It's cheaper to keep her!

Old 02-26-2022, 03:25 PM
Default Well not finished yet

Looks like I may need to do a crankshaft position switch relearn. Did not know about that. Had a flashing engine light at certain speed and something wasn’t right.

off to read and watch more vids on that subject but it looks like I may need a shop to do that for me? Anyone have that done before?

cheers

Old 02-26-2022, 03:30 PM

Yes with a Tech2 but I'm pretty sure most independent shops also will have a tool that can do a crank variation relearn. Only takes a couple of minutes to do.

Old 02-26-2022, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel Z
Looks like I may need to do a crankshaft position switch relearn. Did not know about that. Had a flashing engine light at certain speed and something wasn’t right.

off to read and watch more vids on that subject but it looks like I may need a shop to do that for me? Anyone have that done before?

cheers
Relearn? Did you replace the CKP? What code do you have?

Quick Reply: 05 H2 coolant leak by cylinder 7 area