Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

05 H2 - additional work and progress

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
boas are not native to Florida. they are going through great lengths to eradicate them. they are reproducing like wild fire and devastating all the native species. iguanas also.
Well here in WV its a pet. Goes to kids birthday partys, visited the childens hospital, does cub scout day camp. Tame as a house cat. Sorry Florida having snake problems.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:11 AM

Time to replace all seals and gasket. Will take a look at the oil pump as well. Fun stuff. It feels like 95 degrees already.

This was way over due. Getting off the crankshaft pulley was a fight but i got it out.

Few of the newer parts, steering pump, steering shock/damper, water pump and some additional items. Its just the beginning. So much work ahead, but its fun.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:49 PM

The rear main seal is the fun one to do.... There was also a service bulletin on the rear main plate as having potential casting deficiencies...
Updated part is a new rear main cover, seal and the bolt hard size were revised also..

Had to do this on mine, one of the only things I sent out to a shop to have done....that along with oil pan gasket

Old 06-08-2020, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Chrmer3
The rear main seal is the fun one to do.... There was also a service bulletin on the rear main plate as having potential casting deficiencies...
Updated part is a new rear main cover, seal and the bolt hard size were revised also..

Had to do this on mine, one of the only things I sent out to a shop to have done....that along with oil pan gasket
had the rear seal done when the new transmission went in. I also hope to get to the oil pan and see if I can get it out myself. The list of items just keeps gething longer and longer.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:47 PM

well if you do mess with the oil pump make sure to put on a new pickup tube o-ring. you also would have to drop the oil pan so be carful in opening that can of worms. the o-ring is notorious for causing loss of oil pressure if you even look at it. plus you have to drop the front axel and member or lift the motor to pull the pan.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:50 AM

well if you do mess with the oil pump make sure to put on a new pickup tube o-ring. you also would have to drop the oil pan so be carful in opening that can of worms. the o-ring is notorious for causing loss of oil pressure if you even look at it. plus you have to drop the front axel and member or lift the motor to pull the pan.
thanks for the tip. That could be the cause of low pressure reading before, or one of the reasons. We shall see.

Old 06-09-2020, 07:36 PM

it is very possible the cause

Old 06-11-2020, 05:49 AM

it is very possible the cause
ugh, so I looked under the truck and I don't think I will get into the oil pan. That may be up for a shop to do in the near future. Or, I may ask my neighbor and see if he would help out, he loves to work on engines but I know that is a lot of work and time.
I can't believe this is designed in such way. Horrible from servicing stand point. Actually this is similar to the stupid oil pressure sensor location, all the way in the back of the engine.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:34 AM

New and old cooling lines. I see some slight differences so i hope they will fit.

New power steering lines are in. One more item to replace, the old rusty power steering end line fitting. A short poece of tube. Should be cake to remove, then wrap up painting of the PS gearbox.

Timing cover refurbished, new gasket, water pump in. Installed new fan clutch as well as new thermostat and housing. Next up install the harmonic balancer and figure out how to re install my new oil cooler lines. Those were very hard to remove. I may have to remove the front drive shaft to make some room.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:12 PM

So I finally found my sack, manned up, and did the oil pan as well. Watched a few videos, made sure I have everything covered as to not mess anything up and got the oil pan out. New gasket coming in tomorrow. I'm patting myself on the back lol. Few pictures of my work

About to clean this pan real good and make it shiny new.

Oil pan dropped. Will be taking out the oil tube and replqce the seal as well. I did have low oil pressure before. The oil pressure went up a little when i replaced the oil pressure sensor.

Starting to look better already. But still lots to go thru. Fun project.

Quick Reply: 05 H2 - additional work and progress