Hummer H1 The original Hummer, which brought the Hummer look to the public eye during Desert Storm, with the addition of some features that make the H1 more of a street vehicle and less of a Army truck

Tire questions

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 04:32 PM
|
Default Tire questions

Can anyone tell me how the CTIS system keeps both tires the same pressure at the same time? I am asking since I do not have a spare, if one gets a hole and I need to inflate does it simply balance the pressure between the 2 tires?

Also, can the tires be spun balanced and can they balance with a run flat inside them? I was told that a shop that balances semi truck tires, these ones are too heavy and could not do it?

Thanks in advance!

Old Today | 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, the system links the tires side to side. You can shut that off by pushing in on the quick disconnect at the wheel. The isolates the tire from the system. Any truck tire place should be able to balance the tires. Some people run Centramatics so they don't have to mess with balancing. I have a set but don't use them. I have been able to find places that can balances the tires.

Old Today | 08:33 AM
|

Not sure what you are saying about the Quick Disconnect at the wheel. Can you please help with that?

I have not yet swapped the tires out and do not know if there are run flats in them. Would you happen to know if the run flats can be balanced? It seems really strange that my tire shop that does semi tires are telling me due to the weight, they can not balance. Might be time to find a new tire place!