Hummer H1 The original Hummer, which brought the Hummer look to the public eye during Desert Storm, with the addition of some features that make the H1 more of a street vehicle and less of a Army truck

How many H1 owners we got??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Default RE: How many H1 owners we got??

wow, cool picture.
beautifulride, I like the wagon and the white, also it looks like you got a tan interior from your avatar?(personal preference=I dont like the gray)

Old 04-30-2008, 05:12 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

I like the tan but would prefer a black/grey.

Overall I am very happy with it. But I have joined this forum and others like it because there has to be a way around the dealership. There has to be ex-military people out therewho spent some time in the motor pool while in the service that can aide or assist in repair and maintenance.... ya know? I hate paying 8hrs labor @ $125/hr to have some tires mounted and balanced.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4728/9FA7971EB5324CD79688F5F8486AD2E4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure where you are but even the dealers in SoCal don't charge $120/hour. If you have the time and place to work on the trucks they aren't real difficult to work on. Unfortunatley I don't have much time or space so I wind up paying someone to do most of my repairs/service.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:10 PM

Currently in Dallas... but the last servicing was in Sacramento and that was 120/hr too.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

You go to Sewell?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: allen.traveltech

Thanks for the welcome.

I like the tan but would prefer a black/grey.

Overall I am very happy with it. But I have joined this forum and others like it because there has to be a way around the dealership. There has to be ex-military people out therewho spent some time in the motor pool while in the service that can aide or assist in repair and maintenance.... ya know? I hate paying 8hrs labor @ $125/hr to have some tires mounted and balanced.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4728/9FA7971EB5324CD79688F5F8486AD2E4.jpg[/IMG]
just FYI, ex military personel aren't always your best source for Hummer assistance.... their Humvees are very different from the Hummer.... much simpler.... anyone that knows a 6.5L TD will know your truck.... and over on the HML you can find LOTS of valuble support.... some great articles on flashoffroad.com which are the two BEST sites for anyone wishing to "work" on a Hummer.... if you are into Humvees check out g503.com - I have had both, and I have called a few folks from the Military to come over and assist, and it was really a waste of both of our time for the guy to come over.... honestly, nice guy and knowledgeable... but.... couldn't help me....

Old 04-30-2008, 09:11 PM

I looked at Sewell, Classic, and Franks... only one had the tool to remove the runflats. Sewell's parts/service guy (or at least the one I talked too) had never done anything with an H1 and was most unhelpful.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:18 PM

ORIGINAL: allen.traveltech

I looked at Sewell, Classic, and Franks... only one had the tool to remove the runflats. Sewell's parts/service guy (or at least the one I talked too) had never done anything with an H1 and was most unhelpful.
thats actually kinda funny.... if you have 1pc wheels like in your picture cause the only thing you really need is a wrench.... it might help getting a crow bar holding the tire off your arms, but they just bolt together.... the two pc wheels require either a runflat compressor or a large ratchet strap to "squeeze" it down....

Old 04-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

I am not sure who the best source for an H1 mechanic is in Dallas. get ahold of Sam Wallis at Your Hummer Adventure. he can tell you where to take your truck. Sam is located in Ft. Worth.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

I am not sure who the best source for an H1 mechanic is in Dallas. get ahold of Sam Wallis at Your Hummer Adventure. he can tell you where to take your truck. Sam is located in Ft. Worth.
My current wheels are one piece rims to the best of my knowledge.

Let me go ahead and disclaim that I know very little about Hummers outside of how to drive it anywhere. I travel extensively and trust very few people so I tend to goto dealerships for service and maintenance... but I can not stand paying 1000 to 1200 dollars to have my tires mounted and balanced.

What you are saying is that the hummer dealership(s) here in Dallas are charging me for labor that they are not going to do? (ie they dont need to do all that hub bub with the compression tool because these are one piece rims.)

Who is this Sam fello? I am interested... or I can limp to another town like Houston or Austin if anyone knows a trustworthy place.

Quick Reply: How many H1 owners we got??