General Hummer Talk Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

WHY DOES HUMMER HAVE SOOOOO MANY HATERS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 10:47 AM

If people only knew i paid $16,000 for it....

Old 12-17-2012, 05:14 PM

Most haters are just DUMBASS's who can even begin to afford what we have.

I'm 100% FORD guy but, Damn I do like my Hummer.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM

Hummer Hunting - Jeep Wrangler Forum

any one see this thread before, its insulting

Old 12-23-2012, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by ztman
Hummer Hunting - Jeep Wrangler Forum

any one see this thread before, its insulting

Can you say 'Jealousy'?....sure you can....

Old 12-29-2012, 11:33 PM

I can say that it has been the most hostile recently with screaming, cursing, threats being made to Hummer owners in LA.

As for Jeep, when was the last time Jeep saw a warzone? Some of those Fiat Wrangler owners are clueless, both the H1 and H2 saw action. The H3 did not.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:28 AM

Just ask the owners of the other (approx) 7 million tahoes, suburbans, escalades, exeditions, and excursions. That's not to mention the midsize suvs, jeep, explorer, trailblzer ect. The japanese and European large suvs arent any better, armada, landrover, q56, or even those bmws that everybody loves. I mean the bmw x5m with 555hp, porsche cayenne turbo s with 550 hp, range rover sport with 510hp, and the mercedes benz gl63 with 550 hp. They will all say they get ok mileage but we as hummer owners know better. We won't even bring up the 13 million ram, silverado/gmc, or f150's sold between 2004-11. I just got my 03 h2 thursday (34k miles) and I know the mpg is bad but I already love it so it doesn't hurt so much. So what kind of damage do you think you get from these hybrid and electric cars sitting so close to huge batteries when they warn you about cell phones? Lol

Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 PM

I don't even begin to listen to the ignorant comments others have, I love what I love, I don't judge the other peeps in the world for the tin cans they drive. At the end of the day it's safe, fun and I pay for the gas so who freakin cares.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:31 PM

In the last month alone, came back to find someone threw a food at the windshield (just created a minor mess), will find garbage left on the bumper and then on the driver's side someone destroyed the handle base.

None of these incidents happened in the same area and there is no way it is personal.

The current climate, where we have class warfare, you have more than you need, save the earth from imminent doom, plus too many people with time on their hands collecting unemployment/ government hand outs are just a few factors I attribute it to.

I own a Hummer H3 because my 2006 saved the lives of my family, not in theory, but actuality. T-boned and all, hit at 35+mph by a Nissan Xterra blowing through a stop sign. They are all alive, thanks to Hummer.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Default I drive a HUMMER because I can!

I've always admired the hummer, so it was only natural I purchased one when I could afford it. What I was not aware of was the social stigma behind owning/driving this amazing machine! The first day I drove my 08 H3 Alpha to work, I encountered a first generation Toyota corolla... Driving @ 55 mph, in the fast lane(in a 65 mph zone)! So after following this guy for 5-10 miles I decided to go around. I slowed further.. Allowing the car on right to pass, then merged 2 lanes, and stabbed the peddle! Taking advantage of the V8 in my new alpha. This JERK decides to not only cut-off the other car in the situation. But break check me as well! I wanted to introduce him to my brush guard, & probably would have, if I hadn't just bought the truck! That has been my most extreme encounter. Mostly people just make rude comments or stare & shake their head. But what they don't realize is that HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS, Jealousy makes the world go round!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:24 AM

When I bought my H3T Adventure 5 speed the haters came out of the woodwork, Hey its not my fault they can only afford a piece of s**t ricer or a ghetto-jet. It's always one of these douche bags cutting people off or thinking their turd is the fastest thing on earth, that's what my 500 hp LS2 Gto is for! But as soon as it snows or there is a flooded viaduct or road they WISH they were driving a Hummer!

Quick Reply: WHY DOES HUMMER HAVE SOOOOO MANY HATERS?