General Hummer Talk Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

WHY DOES HUMMER HAVE SOOOOO MANY HATERS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Default RE: WHY DOES HUMMER HAVE SOOOOO MANY HATERS?

ORIGINAL: RealJeep

Hey Dudes and Dudettes....Lighten up on the tree huggers, which I happen to be one of. Trees cool the Earth, provide us a cool place to hang out in the Summer and make our oxyger. I prefer to call them Eco-***** because that's what they are. They have a warped left wing ideaology that even Barack Obama can't hold a candle to. So remember to Love a Tree, drive over an Eco-****!
I agree- The term tree-hugger is used too much (usually out of context as well)and doesn't accurately describe the die-hard enviromentalist attitude that we're discussing here.
Nothing wrong with loving and caring for the enviroment, but treating others with total disrespect because of the vehicle they drive, that's not doing anyone any good.
I'd love to flip off everyone I see flick a cigarette butt out of their window, but will that change their attitude about it? Prob not. They'll most likely want to flick another one right at me, them flip me off for driving a Hummer.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:39 PM

I think there's two crowds here, the "Eco-****" crowd mentioned above, that drives Subarus because of their carbon neutral plant (in Illinois?), or just goes car free altogether, and then the "Eco-Trend" crowd that has no idea about anything environmental related other than greenhouse gasses, drives a Prius (which although better for the air, pollutes the hell out of the ground / groundwater after it dies), and does anything for the "in crowd". Too bad both groups have tunnel vision and can't see the big picture.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:11 PM

Eco-***** sounds like a more appropiate term for these enviromental radicals and I like the earth too, but seriously Hummers only make up a small percentage of cars on the road unlike hondas, toyotas, and other japanese crap(sorry for the term but I never plan on owning a japanese car and was raised up this way). They should be protesting the government for leasing land to mining companies that screw up the enviroment even more and strip mine the coal and other minerals. Cars make up only 10% of the total carbon dioxide produced by humans on earth and byy driving a Prius you are only screwing the world up even more.....now I'm done

Old 10-30-2007, 06:39 PM

ok I work in santa cruz ca. one of the most liberal places around,

when i got my H3 i got many different remarks, but actually , and amazingly, i got not rude remarks, sure i get called the hummer guy by everyone, and it is sort of in a not that nice sometimes, but most want to know my gas milage, when i tell them 17-18 mpg , they are dumbfounded, on guy said, damn that better than my toyota, afrter that there is not much they can say right? Also most of these liberals love it, think it looks really cool. one lady said, wow that would fit all my cat crates,,, ( psycho cat lady !!)

i have been flipped off though many times whiile driving, and also i think someone through a rock off an over pass at me, put a huge dent in my hood !! and scared the **** out of me.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:23 AM

At 6'2 1/2" and 240# I'm just about as intimidating as our H3 appears to be. Niether is either. Truth is the H3 takes up less space than the 95 Trans Am it replaced. The difference in mileage is offset by the difference in premium fuel that was needed for the T/A from a cost perspective. Perhaps the most negative I'm getting is that some of my people think I'm overly wealthy. When I say it's used or what it cost to some of my closest they kinda don't believe. I guess ya gotta be like the line in "Forgot About Dre" by Dr Dre and Eminem. "...y'all don't like me..." you fill in the blanks.

My take on all of it, get a life. Haters be dammed and leave me be. Hypocracy abounds in our gov't, society, and chuches. It really IS all about the $$$$. Drive a nice looking rig that's percieved to be "conspicuous consumption" by these fluckin losers and thay believe you got more chocolate chips in your cookie than they have. Then out comes the rampant hypocracy and self-serving judgement. I say ignore it all and hang out at a gas station just for fun

Old 10-31-2007, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

The reason we are in Iraq has absolutely nothing to do with oil. If anybody wants to blame anybody, blame falsified WMD information and documents, blame mismanagement of the country, and/or blame people whom believe everybody in the world should be dead except for them. Anybody ignorant enough to blame Hummers should go back to school and take a class on politics, maybe write a term paper on corruption.

Give me a damn break already. If you talk to anybody who's been over there, they'll tell you the stories. I don't think I know one person in the military right now, including my sister, who thinks we are over there for the oil. She an officer of a destroyer, and I can tell you from the stories I hear, oil is probably 1% of the reason if that.

How about the Prius owners, who's batteries will leak dangerous chemicals into the earth and eventually contaminate all of the undergroudn water supplies? I have friends that own Prius's, and believe in saving the environment, but not by driving a Prius. Sorry, but anybody that knows anything about electronics engineering knows that's not going to do crap.

How about E85? Stop making hybrids, and start concentrating more on pumping more gas mileage out of a E85 car, or promote the growth of farming and growing corn.

Notice how it's most of the import companies promoting Hybrids and the U.S. car companies mostly promote E85. Hm, why is that? Well, in my opinion, why should a Japanese car company promote aE85? It doesn't affect their environment, but who makes most of our electronics? Asia. Who grows more corn? The U.S.

The point is, people are going to promote what's in their best interest, and here, it's E85 and corn, over there, it's electronics. Would I rather buy a Hybrid that is going to put toxic chemicals into the earth, or a Hummer that now uses E85 which burns corn and puts oh, water, into the environment?

REAL tough decision there. You want to save the environment? Go plant some trees, but don't bash us. The fact is nobody will ever agree which is better. Hybrid owners all say "It's not true, it's BS, blah blah blah" but when you ask them about the battery situation, they all have nothing to say. I wonder why. What happens when those tens of thousands of tons of Hybrid batteries have to start getting replaced in 5 years? Where are they going to go? Guess what, back into the earth.

Maybe I'll just grow a corn field and produce my own gasoline.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:15 AM

Whoa! Calm down HUMMER GUY, you're beginning to sound like Glenn Beck on CNN, which isn't a bad thing...
I couldn't agree with you more! People are like Sheepwho are being led around by the nose to believe whatever the liberal media tells them.
"Death to the Liberal Media!" [sm=smiley35.gif]

Old 10-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

If you don't know me by now, I tend to get carried away sometimes...

Old 10-31-2007, 11:26 AM

This is how I feel.......

[IMG]local://upfiles/661/85670129E3624BEB8C8A5420589A6814.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-31-2007, 03:05 PM

AWESOME PIC!!!!

Quick Reply: WHY DOES HUMMER HAVE SOOOOO MANY HATERS?