PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

OEMDASH.COM Core Deposit Scam

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Default OEMDASH.COM Core Deposit Scam

This is a warning to forum members considering ordering dash kits from OEM Dash. This company scammed me out of nearly $500 and I would like to outline my horrible experience dealing with OEMDASH.com and Stuart Bailey so that others aren’t scammed like I was.

How the scam works:

-Parts are ordered from OEMDASH.COM and they take a large deposit for the return of your cores. In my case the deposit was $600. They will also take your credit card number which may be used at their discretion in the future should the deposit not cover the cost of the parts.

-I returned my parts to Stuart Bailey in Indiana and they were inspected by his wife. I received no emails or phone calls after returning the cores but had not received my deposit back.

-I called Stuart Bailey a month later to inquire about the status of my deposit. He advised that I would not receive my deposit back because he claimed two parts were damaged. I then advised that he should send me a photo of the damaged parts and provide the replacement cost for them to be deducted from my deposit. After this, I didn’t hear anything from him for a couple of weeks.

-I was finally able to get a hold of Stuart Bailey and OEM Dash and he proceeded to lie to me that he tried contacting me, when I confronted him about his dishonesty, he because agitated and told me in certain terms that:

A) I would not receive the balance of my deposit back.
B) He would not ship my backordered parts (3 months after ordering rear window switches).
C) He would not fix a broken vent panel he had sent me.

-I provided pricing for the broken parts that I received from an internet retailer of GM OEM Parts for $192.00 and offered to buy the parts and have them sent to Mr. Stuart so that he would refund my deposit. Not only was I not given this opportunity, but he said that he was simply going to keep all my money and not send my backordered parts nor fix a broken panel he had sent me.

At this point I have been scammed out of a total of $478.00:

- $600 dollar deposit (less $192.00 replacement parts) = $408.00
- $69.99 window switches (backordered and never sent) = $70.00

I could not believe that a seller could be so deceitful and shady. Mr. Stuart didn’t even hide the fact that he was blatantly stealing from me. He just asked me “what do you think you can do about it?”

Since I live in Canada, OEMDASH.com and Stuart Bailey know that it is unlikely that I will ever travel to Indiana to take them to small claims court. I can only assume that they have pulled this same trick on countless other individuals. The only recourse I have is to spread the word to others so that you don’t make the same mistake as I did. If given the opportunity, OEMDASH.com and Stuart Bailey WILL steal your money.

As a further follow up, I have contacted the Royal Canadian Mounted Police’s online fraud department and filed a suit with the Canadian Border Services Agency. Sellers like this who think they can scam their customers out of their hard earned money have no place in today’s marketplace.

I hope I have saved at least one of you from having to go through the same experience as I have.

Best of luck,

Ryan

Old 07-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Default RE: OEMDASH.COM Core Deposit Scam

Hmmm that is one of the places that I was looking at doing my dash before I decided to do it myself... Good warning. I know quite a few people have had good results from that guy (Lord Aries is a friend of mine from the Avalanche club). But, as with all things, past performance is not a guarantee for future results...

Try filing a dispute with your credit card company over the charges yet ? Sometimes they can work with you on these sort of things..

Old 07-07-2008, 02:51 PM

WOW just WOW...Many here have had excellent dealings with him, including me.
He does not post in this forum, but if you go to the forum he visits often, you may be able to resolve it all hopefully with a few PM's?

Old 07-08-2008, 03:28 AM

Wow Ryan, I'm really sorry to hear that!!!

As with BassGear, I had Nothing but a positive experience with oemdash.com??

I know Stuart doesn't own it NOW, it's a gentleman named Brad Dassow, who purchased the business from Stuart!! Maybe contact HIM with your concerns heed1982@hotmail.com.

I very recently contacted Stuart, who in turn sent my e-mail to Brad about some stitching that was coming off my steering wheel. No questions asked, Brad sent me out a NEW steering wheel??!!

Let us know how you make out!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds to me like the new ownership needs improvement. Sorry to hear you are having problems. That's unfortunate how a company that worked hard to establish a good reputation can be tarnished by someone who doesn't care.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:25 PM

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. I actually originally ordered from OEMDASH based on the positive feedback from other forum members. Which is why I was so surprised that this transaction went sour. I suppose you are right that past performance does not guarantee future results.

As for the credit card company, they cannot do anything about deposits stolen from their customers; however, I will continue to pursue this avenue. For me, it's not so much about the money as it is about the deceitful behavior of the company and obvious lack of appreciation for their customers.

You are correct that Brad has taken over the company (OEMDASH.com), although he claims to sympathize with my situation, he has done nothing to try to fix the situation. I let him know that when you purchase a company, you assume all previous responsibilities including accounts payable. As for trying to reach Stuart through other forums, he has already told me to go to hell and that there was no way he was going to fix the situation. I just let him know that my only recourse would be to let others know of his deceitful business practices.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:35 AM

DamnRyan!!!

That SUCKS!!! I feel somewhat responsible for giving them a glowing report!! Sorry Brother!![&:]

Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 AM

Did I screw Ryan?? Yes probably. But the only reason is that he tried screwing me first. He told me his cores were in perfect condition. I was depending on getting his cores back to fill another order. When I received his cores they were destroyed beyond use. I had to replace them and get them fast to try to keep my other customer happy. In order to get this accomplished I had to buy new cores from my Hummer dealer that does not give me a discount. (I normally get 30% from my Chevy dealer if I order them which takes3-5 days).
I did not feel that it was my other customers fault that Ryan lied to me and that he should suffer so I paid full retail for the replacements. Ryan’s deposit wasn’t enough to cover that but I did not charge him any extra.
You guys can draw your own conclusions. I think I have done business with enough people on these forums that everybody knows that I stand behind my word. I have never screwed anybody out of a dime, but then again nobody ever lied to me about their cores.
If you think I screwed Ryan than bad mouth me and OEMDASH.COM, just be sure to tell the whole story. As long as you are honest upfront then you have nothing to worry about lie about your cores and you WILL NOT get a refund!!
You guys be the judge!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/760/CA7BC9C80DC845938E1E44474D4FA45A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/760/1B7F335C52F343568736E270F5C05107.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/760/F36FD4475DA54E8E8C32BA5A22BDCAAE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/760/F3C9B5AEE72648C684E6370CDCE35593.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-09-2008, 11:27 AM

Two sides to every story!!

Thanks for the post Stuart!!

Old 07-09-2008, 12:04 PM

Just goes to show there is a flip side to everything.........

Not sure what all I was supposed to see there, but to my untrained eye (with regards to H2 dash parts).....

There appeared to be a bit of hacking and some warpage....Correct?

I'd be pissed if those were the pieces I got back ....regardless of how good a job Stuart did on the re-finish.

For that kind of money, I expect perfect.

Quick Reply: OEMDASH.COM Core Deposit Scam